Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

jeudi 16 août 2012

Hurrians (1800-1550)

My Hurrian army for DSC principally represents a semi-nomadic tribe such as the Turukkeans, during the 18th century BC, but also any one of the petty kingdoms of the Habur triangle that the kings of Šubat-Enlil or Mari periodically fought and subdued. It is generic enough to represent other non-Hurrian peoples on the fringe of the Akkadian and Amorite kingdoms and periodically troubling them or dominating them, such as the Lullubi, the Guti or the Kassites.
Military sources are few and far between, so I have based my army on representation (and figures) for the Guti and on various official army lists which may or may not be historically accurate.

The bow- and axe-armed bodyguard are mentioned in sources relative to the Guti; the Hurrians may or may not have possessed such troops; I have included them as they are possible, and do offer something a little different on the battlefield.


The javelineers fight as a horde and are rated as impetuous on the basis of (generally poetical) descriptions of such peoples in cuneiform texts, in particular in the literary genre known as Lamentations. The pihrum citadin represents more sedentary elements of the population, dressed as and fighting in the fashion of their Amorite and Syrian neighbours.




 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire