Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

mardi 10 juillet 2018

Afghans Back of Beyond

Voici ma première unité d'Afghans.  Suite à la peinture de la figurine "test", j'ai opté pour une utilisation plus généreuse de lavis.  Je pense que ce choix fait mieux ressortir la complexité de ces splendides figurines Empress Miniatures.  Outre la qualité de la sculpture, saluons aussi le dynamisme extraordinaire de leurs poses !

Sans flash / No flash


Avec flash / With flash


J'ai choisi des couleurs "terre" tout en essayant d'éviter un rendu terne.  L'écharpe orangé et les couvre-chefs du même ton permettent d'ajouter une touche de couleur vive.

La première unité de 12 figurines est donc terminée et rejoindra les Bolchéviques au sein de l'Armée de Dieu.  Avant de m'attaquer à la deuxième, j'ai opté pour la peinture de 12 Guerriers pour mes "Sarrasins" Saga, des lanciers arabes de la gamme Perry.  A très bientôt…Et puis voilà que pour la première fois, je vais traduire un post en anglais.  Heureusement pour cela je peux me passer de Google  ; )

-----------------------

Having painted a test figure of which I was not particularly satisfied, I decided to change my painting style for these excellent Empress Miniature Afghans and rely more heavily on washes.  I think it brings out the sculpts much better.  These figures are not only wonderfully detailed, they are also full of life.

I went for earthy colours, whilst trying to avoid them coming out too dull.  The orange waistbands and skullcaps bring a touch of vivid colour.

This is the first of two 12 figure units that will join the Bolchevik Army of God in its (fictional...but only just) attempt to conquer Chinese Turkestan.  Before moving on the second unit, I shall be painting 12 Warriors for my Sarrasin Saga army, these are Arab spearmen from the Perry range.  I hope to post them soon !

2 commentaires:

  1. Très beau, très beau, très très beau

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Félicitation, le résultat est excellent. Tu as trouvé le bon compromis, ce sont de beaux "pouilleux" colorés (rien de médisant dans l'expression).

    RépondreSupprimer