Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

jeudi 11 octobre 2018

Byzantine (1000-1100)

Here is my 8pt + "Last of the Romans" (Derniers Romains) army for Saga, ready to fight my Normans in Sicily and Southern Italy, and my Arabs just about anywhere in the Eastern Mediterranean.



The Warlord (Hero, 0 pts)

Accompanied by Varangian guardsmen detached by the Emperor to protect him, here is the Strategos

Gripping Beast




Kavallarioi (Hearthguard, 3 pts)


Byzantine kavallarioi fought in mixed formations of lancers and horse-archers.  I can thus play these 12 hearthguard in various combinations.




Gripping Beast



Skutatoi (Warriors, 3 pts)

Byzantine infantry also fought in a mixed formation of spearmen and archers.  This once again offers me the occasion to play these warriors in various combinations.


Gripping Beast


Slav Javelineers (Levy, 1 pt)

Drawn from subject tribes in the Balkans.  I can also play these as an 8-man Scout [Eclaireur] mercenary unit, very useful for allowing my cavalry to gallop through rough terrain.


Gripping Beast


Personal Champion (Hero, 1pt)

This could be a renegade Norman lord, or any other Western European knight looking for higher station.


Unknown 


Turkish Light Cavalry (Warriors - Mercenaries, 1 pt)

These use the Eastern Cavalry [Cavaliers Orientaux] profile.  They are definitely one of my favourite units and a major headache for the enemy…

Gripping Beast


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire