Pages

samedi 22 septembre 2018

Normans or Sicilian Normans (1040-1180)

This is my 8 pts+ Saga "Norman" warband.  This style of armour was worn only by poorer knights by around the mid-12th century, which fixes the approximate end-date.

Whilst they can be used as Western Normans, I essentially use them as Sicilian Normans, fighting Byzantines and Arabs, or playing the First or Second Crusades with a Norman battleboard.


The Warlord (Hero, 0 pts)


I've used a smaller base than I usually opt for, and one bodyguard instead of two, as this chap also serves as a Personal Bodyguard in my Byzantine warband.

Unknown manufacturer, Gripping Beast I think


Norman or Early Crusader Knights (Hearthguard, 4 pts)


The warband includes 16 knights, which I can play in various combinations; I generally play the 4 "oriental-style" knights apart, as Gripping Beast figures are a little taller than Perry.  They mix just fine in an army, but less so within a unit.




The top two photos are Perry Miniatures, the bottom photo Gripping Beast.



Foot Sergeants (Warriors, 3 pts)


16 spear-armed sergeants and 8 crossbowmen (there are 12 in the photo, as I also play Command & Colors with this army and it gives me two units).



Perry Miniatures


Priest (Hero, 1 pt)

He certainly puts the fear of God in me...


Gripping Beast



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire