Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

jeudi 1 août 2019

15mm Austrians

My first battalion of German fusileers.  Not quite finished yet, I will complete the basing and add the flag when I return home from holidays, having travelled with my paintbrushes this time round  : )  This also explains the rough and ready photo.

One figure is also missing from the ranks : he was the test figure for all the German infantry, and as I completed him weeks ago, he is of course sitting at home waiting to be drafted into the ranks.




As I am aiming principally at the 1809 campaign, but also wish to be able to play 1813, the infantry will be in mixed headgear : all the Hungarians in shakos (as Hungarian regiments were apparently equipped first with the 1808 shako) and the Germans in a mix of shakos and helmets (the helmet was gradually phased out as of 1808 but only as it wore out or as finances or organisation permitted; many battalions definitely wore it in 1809, and it is not impossible that some still had it in 1813).

Of course I could have put everyone in shakos, but I love that ridiculously elaborate Austrian headgear : )

I loved painting these guys.  I find Austrian uniform less finnicky to paint than the French one, in 15mm.

The single jager figure in front of the battalion represents its Lasalle SK1 skirmish factor, and can also come in use for Tactique, with more jagers representing better quality troops.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire