Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

mardi 22 février 2022

Fantastic Battles

Some photos of our Friday evening game of the most excellent "Fantastic Battles".  This game is in 28mm, on a 180 x 120 table, with 1100 pts.


 


Pierre lined up a Samourai army, accompanied by a Dragon, Ninjas, blue-fire wielding "Big Trouble in Little Japan" magicians that can you see on the hilltop (they played with the "artillery" characteristic)...and Samourai surfers (yup, you read that right).

I deployed the full might of the Empire of Amonkhet, with various animal-headed warriors, the first time I have used my Crocodile Games Egyptians since I painted them about five years ago !  They fought alongside their Kushite allies, and were preceeded by hordes of undead, raised amongst previously defeated enemies.

My apologies for the handful of undecorated bases, as I prepared my figures on Thursday evening, I realised I had forgotten to make them up.  Too late !

We had a great time, I've made some changes to my army since and we will be playing again this coming Friday.


1 commentaire: