Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

samedi 25 juin 2022

A Hare-brained scheme

When this chap from Oathsworn hopped his way to the front of the paint queue, I didn't much fancy doing a ton of NMM and was casting around for something different.


 

I am re-reading Julien May's "Saga of the Pliocene Exiles" books, and in that the extraterrestrial race that inhabits Pliocene Earth wears coloured glass armour.  I have no idea whether that is actually a practical proposition, although I suppose the very existence of bullet-proof glass suggests it could be.  Anyway I figured that at the very worst, it would probably be quite effective against arrows, would be cheap to produce and lighter than steel.  Worn over a little metal armour it should keep a knight a-knighting.

This turned out to be a very interesting paint job.  Coloured glass armour requires NMM-like techniques, but with a lot more colour shifts, to produce depth rather than contrast.  I also used some Prince August neon paints (neon yellow for the green armour, and magenta for the pink one), and made liberal use of gloss varnish.


 

I like the result; but your opinion is the one that matters, so let me know what you think.

I'll be playing this guy as a Rangers of the Shadow Deep Templar, and have decided to call him "Angel".

2 commentaires:

  1. Les contrastes sont très réussis et le rendu original tout en laissant apparaitre un personnage robuste et déterminé, en bref, un excellent travail !

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Sylvain ! D'autres figurines arrivent, j'ai enfin réussi à débloquer un peu de temps pour la peinture !

      Supprimer