Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

vendredi 1 septembre 2023

Soviet 6mm Micro-Armour

I have been playing "Battlegroup Northag" at my local club, for which I have a 10mm British force.  I love the game, and was thinking about building a 10mm Soviet battlegroup, but I must admit the idea of going through the paint job all over didn't appeal.

I really wanted two armies, for different reasons :

-  To showcase the game for new players, if my opponent with 10mm Russians was not available

-  To play solo now and then

-  To try the game playing in centimetres rather than in inches, which I am pretty sure will play very differently (the alternative would be to enlarge table size 2.5x, but that is a little impractical...

I thought about simply using counters, but that is not quite as much fun.  So I decided to buy some 6mm Heroics and Ros.  On the other hand, I will be using counters for the infantry, more of that later.

 

So here is my Soviet armoured battlegroup.  

MBTs : T-64B ERA in front, older T-62s behind

BMP-1s and BMP-2s

BTR-60s, BTR-70s, ZSU-23-4, 100mm AT, Command & Control Vehicules

 

 

The paint scheme is quick and simple :

-  The base with Technical Astrogranite

- A white undercoat, sides, front & rear sprayed twice; the top sprayed once, twice for tanks

- A wash of undiluted 50/50 Militarum - Black Legion Contrast over the tracks or wheels

-  A wash of mildly diluted Militarum Contrast over the rest

-  A drybrush of  Sand Yellow

-  A glaze of slightly diluted Militarum Contrast

-  A light drybrush of Sand Yellow over the top only

-  An "edge highlight by drybrushing" over the silhouette of the vehicule (sides, front, rear and turret) 

-  Matt varnish with Mat medium mixed in

-  Seraphim Sepia on the base, with large blobs of Athonian Camoshade whilst still wet, and same smaller blobs of Ork Flesh Contrast

-  An Earth Brown base edge, with a Brown Sand edge highlight

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire