Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

jeudi 1 août 2024

You're gonna hear me roar

A lovely figure from Alkemy, this lion letting out a mighty roar !


 

OK, no real connection to the Katy Perry hit, but I reckon if this draws 1% of Katy Perry fans to this blog, and 1% of them take up wargaming, well, that's it sorted out for the next generation.


 

Also, the real test of my paint job is : which photo did you spend more time looking at ?

 

Anyway, enough of that silliness, back to the painting.  I've made the lion a berserker.  In the terms of our Jungle Deep world, he willingly lets his ancient, raw, animal emotions take over, which in the case of a lion, drives him into a ferocious blood rage.

This is done, however, in conjunction with a magic-wielder (whom I have yet to paint).  The magician uses enchanted tattoos to channel forces which both provoke the loss of control, and contain it, giving up a part of him or herself during this melding of minds.  More on him later !

The trousers are pretty worn, but I wanted the sash to be in perfect condition, with a satiny sheen to it.  Not quite sure why just yet, it is perhaps an emblem of the berserkers, or maybe an item of clothing shared with the meld-mage.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire