Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

vendredi 19 juillet 2024

Mary Problems


 

Been a while since I painted any science-fiction, mostly because I couldn't get up any enthusiasm for my "Expanse" campaign, despite having revamped it and greatly enjoying using Flying Lead for it.

After playing "Five Leagues from the Borderlands", I decided to look into "Five Parsecs from Home" as a campaign system.  This time I decided not to use the game for the actual action - I love Flying Lead and all the home rules I've developped for it.  The campaign engine got me playing, and I also found the universe background pretty original and inspiring.


 

The one thing I'm not 100% keen on is the idea of "contracts", as it means the crew are the only real link between missions, but it will do to kickstart the campaign.  I'll then move the action to a solar system where I'll have rolled up all the worlds, thought up some dramatic event that is affecting the whole of it (probably I will recycle the Ringbuilder idea from the Expanse, ironically enough !), and introduce the idea of factions.  IIRC, Five Parsecs actually suggests that as a possibility in one of the annexes.  I will also use the Story Clock idea, which is very well done.

So anyway, I painted up Mary Problems to celebrate all this.  A beautiful Infinity figure that has been sitting on my lead pile for the better part of three years.  More to come !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire