Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

vendredi 22 décembre 2023

Bags o' bones

Over a year ago, I painted a test figure for a bunch of speed-paint skellies.

When an RoSD scenario I played with my youngest required skeletons, I thought it was time to at last get them off my paint desk.


 

Been ages since I painted a unit, but it was a pleasant process.  I (perhaps unfortunately) didn't precisely measure the time spent on them, but as a rough guess, it would fall somewhere in the 30-40 minutes range, including basing but not including the time spent glueing them together and undercoating.  Not too bad, considering they include edge highlighting, rust effects, NMM and OSL (just kidding, they do technically contain all four, but slapped on !).

Anyway, the main thing is that I am happy with them.  I at last have enough skeletons to flesh out any RoSD or Conan scenario, and as a bonus, they also provide 4 new units for my 28mm Fantastic Battles Egyptian army.

If you look closely, I glued the torsos for four of them on back to front, and only realised it when painting.  The back story is that the necromancer set his apprentice to reassembling the contents of the more shattered graves, without realising the fellow had skipped the lecture on human anatomy...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire