Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I aim to post about once a week, and I have decided in 2026 to shift the focus of the blog from showing isolated painted figures, to taking photos of figures in action, a sort of mostly-photo AAR.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

mardi 29 septembre 2026

Red Barricades - Into the Factory !

Having played some Squad Leader, my best mate and I bought ASL around 1987, as teenagers, and we quickly acquired the Red Barricades campaign.  Since then, I have played the opening days a good dozen times, but have never gotten past that.  I have a small games room, but I'd have to take RB down every Friday to make room for other stuff with my friends.

Now the girls are off to Uni and have moved out...well, I can borrow their room !

Since I can set up the board more or less permanently, this should, at last, be the campaign to end all campaigns, a full playthrough of CGIII of Red Barricades, with its thirty campaign dates.

I made a post back in 2020 that I have just updated, regarding house rules, rules to remember, and some tactical tips for both sides. 

For the first post of this new campaign, I begin with the map drawn from VASL (I couldn't figure out how to get it in one piece, so had to do a series of copy-pastes).  This map has the considerable advantage of place names, and it is a lovely piece of work.  VASL also has an LOS-checker tool integrated, which is very handy indeed.

Stay tuned for Day 1, as the Germans head Into the Factory... 

 




 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire